Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Orly Polish: Review

This is my first time using Orly Polish, I was really excited to try them out because of the high price tag which to me suggested great quality. I purchased Charged Up, one of the Hot Neons, and It's Up to Blue, a Dazzling Shimmer both of the permanent collection. I did not swatch the blue but Charged Up is my current manicure.




Left to Right: Charged Up, It's Up to Blue.



The picture is with a Sally Hansen basecoat, two coats of Orly's Charged Up and a coat of Seche Vite. The color is a really pretty purple with no sparkle. I wouldn't classify it as a neon though. I'm a little disappointed in the application; the polish is so sheer. I painted my nails in poor light and thought it was opaque after two thick coats but in better lighting it is clear that the color is streaky. With the price tag of this mini bottle at around $5, I expected better application. This photo is after two days and has held up to my job in retail that usually destroys my nails in a few hours so while the application was not great it certainly does last. I also really like the brush and handle of the Orly bottles. They are very easy to hold thanks to the tapered middle and grips. I probably won't splurge on much more Orly based on the price tag: anywhere from $4.99 to $6.50 for .18 Fl Oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do read every one and will reply to you.