Friday, July 29, 2011

30 Day Challenge: Day Two

Day 2: Meaning behind your blog name

My blog's name, as you are most likely aware is, Turquiose Garden. It is inspired from the film Grey Gardens, which oddly enough reminds me of my home life. Basically if you haven't seen the movie you need to but it's about a mother and daughter who are both crazy and codependent and mildly abusive with each other. When thinking about the remarkable similarities between my life and Big Edie and Little Edie's, I decided I needed to do something about it. My garden would not be grey because there was no way out for me it would be full of color (turquoise is one of my favorites) because I made it that way and would make my own future as bright as I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do read every one and will reply to you.