Monday, August 8, 2011

High Voltage Cosmetics: Eyeshadow and Magic Dust Swatches

I heard about High Voltage Cosmetics from a few blogs that I read regularly and once I visited their website I knew I had to try them. I was so excited when I saw their eyeshadow pigment grab bags. For $2.50, High Voltage will send you five 1/4th teaspoon baggies. That comes down to $0.50 a sample! I asked for a random selection and got a good variety of shadows. I ordered 15 samples and I'm happy with all of them. Some colors are basic while others are really unique. Overall, I would say that it was well worth the money. Each color is packaged in a little baggie with a name and ingredients sticker as the company is committed keeping samples at an affordable price for their customers. I also purchased a sample size of magic dust, their super sparkly highlighter.



I was also quite excited by the coupon given to me by High Voltage. After making my purchase, I checked my email and saw that I had a refund. It was a 20% off coupon with the message "Thanks for your Order!" I was so excited and thought it was a great business practice as with that coupon I got the shipping cost plus a little more deducted from my total.

I did have a small issue with High Voltage however. I purchased two of the sample sizes of magic dust to possibly give one away as it looked so awesome. I only received one with my order and do not want to give one of you something I have already used/swatched. I emailed the email that is linked to High Voltage's PayPal account and the emails were bounced back to me as there was some sort of error with the address. I had to file a dispute via PayPal and asked for either a refund or to have the product shipped to me. It was settled in a matter of hours so while I am happy the issue was solved, I'm a little put off by the missing product in my order especially because I wanted to give it away. I do like their shadows but I'm not sure if I will repurchase as I don't want any of my order items to be not included.

On to the swatches! All swatches are on bare skin and I have included photos of the shadows in natural light and under fluorescent light. All color descriptions are my own and how I interpret the colors.
Natural Light. Top to Bottom: Good Girl Gone Bad, Lady Stardust, Futuristic Pop, Out of Control, Pan
Fluorescent Light. Right to Left: Good Girl Gone Bad, Lady Stardust, Futuristic Pop, Out of Control, Pan
Good Girl Gone Bad- violet with awesome pink sparkles.
Lady Stardust- Periwinkle
Futuristic Pop- Lavender with very light pigmentation
Out of Control- Light Fuchsia with Pink Sparkles (not great pigmentation)
Pan- Just about same color as Out of Control but with better pigment.

Natural Light. Top to Bottom: Radio City, Hologalacticon, November Rain, Glamour Overdose, Immortal Desire
Fluorescent Light. Right to Left: Radio City, Hologalacticon, November Rain, Glamour Overdose, Immortal Desire
Radio City- Cobalt blue with purple sparkle
Hologalacticon- Forest green with blue sparkle
November Rain- Medium toned green with gold sparkle
Glamour Overdose- Opalescent Light Green
Immortal Desire- Opalescent Pink

Natural Light. Top to Bottom: Pandora, Cherry Bomb, Fire & Rain, Rule Breaker, Drive in Movie
Fluorescent Light. Right to Left: Pandora, Cherry Bomb, Fire & Rain, Rule Breaker, Drive in Movie
 Pandora- Burgundy with pink sparkle
Cherry Bomb- Dark pink with green sparkle
Fire & Rain- Dark red-orange
Rule Breaker- Medium Orange
Drive In Movie- Yellow
Magic Dust. Top: Concentrated Swatch. Bottom: Blended Swatch.
Magic Dust- White-pink silvery shimmer.

Have you ever ordered anything from High Voltage Cosmetics? What do you think of the colors above?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do read every one and will reply to you.